If your company has been in business for years, your important documents probably aren’t as organized as you wish they were. If you’ve ever wasted an afternoon looking for a particular file with no success, you recognize how crucial it is to obtain a manage on your organization system. Also if most of your documents are currently digitized, conflicting file formats are likely to reduce you down throughout the day.
To resolve your info storage space troubles, which sort of record handling solutions should you look for: record conversion or file scanning? Learn the difference in between the two to help you make the appropriate choice.
What Is Document Conversion?
Document conversion is the process of converting a document from one format to another. Often this includes digitizing physical documents, but it can also include converting a digital file to another format so a different program can open it. Document conversion includes:
- Scanning a pile of paper documents into the computer, converting them from hard copies to the digital format of your choice (such as Word documents or PDFs).
- Converting 16mm or 35mm microfilm rolls or cartridges into whatever digital format you choose, making them readily accessible from a hard drive or DVD.
- Converting large-scale drawings and maps into high-quality digital images (including JPEG, TIFF, or PDF formats).
- Converting digital files from one format to another, such as changing a Microsoft Word (.doc) file into a PDF (.pdf) file and vice versa.
What Is Document Scanning?
Document scanning, also known as document imaging, is a form of document conversion. This is a useful service if you want to reduce the amount of physical documents you store at your office. Document scanning offers these benefits:
- Save money on document storage costs
- Restore space in your office currently taken up by filing cabinets and boxes
- Find the files you’re looking for quickly and efficiently
- Manage and edit documents cleanly
- Share documents with coworkers, employees or other branch offices via email, not an archaic fax machine
- Prevent damage to your documents from fire or flood
- Create backups of all business-critical files as an added precaution without taking up additional space in your office
- Protect sensitive documents from hackers with data encryption
Document Scanning and Document Conversion in Atlanta, Columbia, Goose Creek, Anderson, Greenwood, york, Rocky Mount, Atlanta, Augusta, Knoxville, north Carolina.
At All Pro Solutions our experience providing document scanning and conversion services. We can recommend the right document handling services to meet your needs and fit your budget. We understand that the process of converting many years’ worth of physical documents into digital formats can be overwhelming. Let us take care of the process for you!
We offer many great services to improve your document imaging results, including:
- Rapid implementation of document conversion services
- Onsite and offsite availability of all of your documents
- File backups
- Image quality optimization
- Image enhancement
- De-speckle and de-shade
- Black border removal
- Background noise reduction
- Hole filling